Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Breach.. The XBOX Live Arcade game I have been waiting for?


We all know I love a good first person shooter (FPS).  And even better is a cheap FPS that plays well.  Breach is a game I stumbled on reading about Battlefield 2.  It caught my eye after viewing a few movies, and really has me excited.  What's even more exciting is the $15 price tag and it being readily available as a download on XBOX Live Arcade. It is a multiplayer only game and that is the reason I believe it doesn't command the larger price tag. but thats fine with me as thats where most of my time is spent on FPS's

Now it doesn't look like your typical arcade type title.  It really looks like a mix between Red Faction, Battlefield 2, COD, and Rainbow Six series.  It has the destructible, and degradable environments similar to that available in Red Faction, and Battlefield 2, and seems to be more even more advanced than the previous titles. It has real life spy type gadgets and upgradeable perks, similar to the COD series. Then similar to the Rainbow Six series comes the active cover system that turns you into third person point of view when taking cover and firing.

The degradable  environment simply looks awesome allowing all types of ways to change the map and influence game play.  Need to create a gun placement?  Take out a few bricks or stones from a wall and make your own.  Need to drop that sniper?  Just shoot out the wooden ledge he is perched on.  There is a guy above you on the second floor shoot a grenade through that ceiling and drop that sucker!

The game comes out next week and looks to be one of my first Arcade purchases of the year.  Please watch the videos and leave your comments in the Blog post on GUG related to this posting.  Would love to here your thoughts as well.

Plenty more videos on their site!  Check out the Spy Gadgets video.  One of my favorite. http://breachgame.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment